Leelou Blogs

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Castle

The Castle of Versailles Kentucky


The Castle Post, as it's now called, has been an interesting part of Versailles landscape for almost 40 years. There has been so many myths about this castle over the years, my favorite it that Lee Majors built it for Farrah. So I'll tell you the story as passed down by my father, who actually knew the man who built it. The man's name was Rex Martin. He built and owned quite a bit of property in the central Kentucky area. He built the castle as a private residence for he and his wife. But before it was completed they divorced. He could not complete the castle due to lack of funds so it remained incomplete and in disrepair for 20 years. It was overgrown with weeds and missing roof tiles when it was purchased by attorney Thomas Post. Thomas, who I believe now lives in Florida and was a native of central Kentucky, began restoring the castle about 4 years ago. He has truly transformed this eye sore into a magnificent site to behold! It is definitely worth the drive to have a look at this castle! It is just outside the Lexington/Fayette county line, just past Keeneland Race Course.
The Castle Post now operates as a Bed and Breakfast with a $1000 a night price tag! It is also available for weddings and events.


Even though my sister has lived in Lexington for at least 15 years, I am still amazed everytime I drive by this castle. Karmen has requested that her Sweet 16 party be held here! (don't ya just love her?! She has amazing ideas!) HA

Anyway...even though I felt like crap coming home on Monday, I still pulled in there to check things out. If I have someone with me, they freak out cause I put my hazzards on and get out and take pictures of this amazing castle. There are all these signs that say "Keep out" or "No Trespassing".... that's not going to stop me from getting a great photo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

enough about the castles--lets talk about orgasms! The blush color of course